Breakfast - Gut Healthy Prebiotic Protein Pancakes
Gut Healthy Prebiotic Protein Pancakes
Recipe will make: 1 average size serve OR 2 smaller serves
1 medium banana
1 full egg + 1 egg white
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- Blend all ingredients until a smooth mixture is created.
- Heat a nonstick pan (and spray with Extra Virgin Olive Oil when it is hot if desired).
- Spoon mixture onto the pan as per your desired pancake size and let cook until you start to see bubbles coming through the top of the pancake (approximately 30-45 seconds dependent on pancake size).
- Flip and cook for an additional 20-30 seconds, or until your desired consistency.
- Place pancakes on a serving plate.
- Top with your favourite gut healthy toppings such as natural nut butter, hemp seeds, vanilla skyr, sliced fruit, fresh berries, or whatever you prefer!
Nutrition: Per serve (entire recipe as 1 serve)
|Energy (kJ)||1226 kJ|
|Energy (cals)||294 cals|
|Total Dietary Fibre||11.3g|
|Prebiotic Soluble Fibre||7.0g|
|Vitamin D||5ug (50% RDI)|
|Calcium||159mg (20% RDI)|
- If you prefer a creamier tasting pancake, simply add some kefir to the mixture.
- If you would prefer a denser pancake, simply grind up a 1/4 of a cup of oats and incorporate into the mix (you may need to add a couple tablespoons of milk to balance these dry ingredients out).
Have fun with the flavour - If you like cinnamon, coconut, peanut butter, or even a stronger vanilla flavour via vanilla essence, simply blend 1/2 -1 a teaspoon (dependent on the ingredient) into the batter prior to heating.